Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Subscribe widget not opening in new window and won't center

Old Jun 6, 2009, 02:31 PM
fredless

10 posts · Jun 2009
USA
I used the modified example in the query by ppat2 (modifying bfa_subscribe.php) to put all the subscription items on a single line, and it worked great. However, I can't seem to get them to open in new windows or tabs (on ffx or ie). I've tried rel="nofollow external" with no luck. Looking at the basic code, it should open in a new window, but it just doesn't seem to work (like it does at mashable). Any thoughts?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 05:06 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
add target="_blank"

<a target="_blank" rel="external nofollow"

external and nofollow don't cause a link to open in a new window (only if i.e. that behavior was added with i.e. Javascript)
Old Jun 10, 2009, 07:26 AM
fredless

10 posts · Jun 2009
USA
Flynn - Yeah, tried that first (finally figured I was putting in just outside of the correct spot - too many " marks). Thx.

Still can't get the icons centered - think I might have to manually add spaces? The table code is:

<table class="subscribe" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center"><tr>
<td class="email-text" colspan="2" align="center">

Totally different question: the Front Page will not show Excerpts - only Full Pages (I have to use "more" tags to trim them down). I've tried setting the page to Excerpts Only and then making the front page value 1 (as directed in the theme). No luck. Any thoughts?
Old Jun 11, 2009, 05:16 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The icons have an inline style of "float:left". Remove that in the bfa_subscribe.php, or leave the float:left and put all icons into the same <TD>...</TD>

Excerpts on the homepage is a known bug and fixed in the upcoming 3.3.4