Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Add space between body and footer

Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:20 PM
tnandrick

43 posts · Nov 2010
I am running Atahualpa 3.4.9

site: http://www.thetimblog.com/?p=18

I would like to add a space, similar to the one between the header and the body, and put it between the body and the footer, but I am unsure how to do it.

The space between the header and the body was simple enough. I added a CSS insert for the header with 15px bottom padding. The footer has been a different story.

I've read on previous forums of people who had extra space because of an offending empty <p> </p> pair wrapping the footer, so I wrapped the footer in an empty paragraph tag. Didn't work.

Also tried adjusting padding bottom values on "post area" and sidebars, but the background just continues until it meets the footer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

T

Last edited by tnandrick; Nov 17, 2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: error in description
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just fiddled around a bit and you might try something like the following.
Go to ATO>Style & edit Footer and cut all the formatting out of the Footer Style box.

Now Go to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and past in into that box with a selector of td#footer p and add a top margin. It would look something like the following.
HTML Code:
td#footer p {
background-color: #f7f7f7;
border-top: solid 4px #eee;
padding: 10px;
text-align: center;
color: #888;
font-size: 11px;
margin-top: 15px;
}
No guarantees but maybe.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
tnandrick

43 posts · Nov 2010
Awesome! I knew asking an expert was worth it. Always get tripped up on margin/padding/collapsing issues.

Thanks!

T
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Another way is to add a <div id='myfooter">&nbsp</div> in teh footer options and then add CSS to set the height
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:14 PM
tnandrick

43 posts · Nov 2010
Juggledad, I don't quite understand.

Are you saying:

<div id='myfooter">&nbsp</div> then %home% is Copyright &copy; %current-year% by author - All Rights Reserved

or are you asking to wrap the <div> around the footer content, like:

<div id='myfooter">&nbsp %home% is Copyright &copy; %current-year% by Author - All Rights Reserved</div>

I would assume the first way, since you added a blank space between the div tags, but...

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the first way, like this
HTML Code:
<div id="myfooter"> Thanks Juggledad</div>
Copyright &copy; %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved
as you can see, you can add anything you want in there, then just add css to style it
HTML Code:
#myfooter {
background: blue;
color: yellow;
height: 400px;
width: 100%;}
Old Mar 7, 2011, 03:51 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
I am sorry but, I have tried the code in the post above and it doesn't work for me. This is the code I am using. I have put the following in the footer content area
Code:
<div id="myfooter">&nbsp;</div>
and this is the css i added in CSS insert
Code:
#myfooter {
background: #fff;
color: #fff;
margin-bottom: 15px;
width: 100%;}
. I am using 3.5.3 on latest wordpress. and my site is at http://learnsignlanguageonline.org/ . I do not have any issue on single post pages because I was able to add margin to the next/previous links box but on HOME and CATEGORY pages, I cannot add a margin between the last post and footer. I started a thread at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=13173 and got a reply linking to this post. I'll really appreciate a solution.

Last edited by sober; Mar 7, 2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 04:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see the response in the other thread and please, just post in one thread.