Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Top and bottom images for widgets

Old May 17, 2010, 01:59 AM
clemon79

13 posts · May 2010
Hi there!

On my site, http://fredsmythe.com, I just followed the directions in this thread for adding top and bottom images to my widgets in my sidebar:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=935

...and for the most part it's working, which I am very very happy about! One problem, though, which you can see: the bottom three ones (with the dynamic content) have that teeny space between the bottom of the widget and the bottom image.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to fix this. Anyone have any ideas as to what I might need to edit to fix this?

Thanks much!

-- Chris
Old May 17, 2010, 09:22 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Add the following to CSS Inserts
div.bottom {
margin-top:-2px;
}
or just add the margin-top:2px; to where you put the background image for the bottom of the widget.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:01 AM
clemon79

13 posts · May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Add the following to CSS Inserts
div.bottom {
margin-top:-2px;
}
or just add the margin-top:2px; to where you put the background image for the bottom of the widget.
Thanks much! Only (slight, I think I can totally live with this) concern I have is that the two widgets that *did* work (the Search box and the one with the "Find us on Facebook" badge) ended up getting pulled in a little as a result. I'm guessing I could do some voodoo to add those two pixels to the bottom of the FB badge (I'd just have to figure out how to do it ) but I'm not sure about the Search box. (But I've been having so much trouble manipulating the size of the search box (it's requiring tinkering with searchform.php) that I might just live with it as it is and go on to another part of the process...Lord knows there are still tons of little things that need fixing.)

I do *really* appreciate the help and the quick response, though!

-- Chris

EDIT: Actually, I think I figured out how to tack on the pixels at the top to fix the spacing. Search bar still needs some work, but that can happen anytime. Woo!

Last edited by clemon79; May 17, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:18 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I opened your site with Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE, and Chrome and all looked fine to me.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:25 AM
clemon79

13 posts · May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I opened your site with Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE, and Chrome and all looked fine to me.
Yeah, I was tinkering. Really I'm shocked that I've gotten as far as I have in just the few days I've been using this theme.