Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Everytime I add new post or comment, screen goes blank??!?

Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:02 PM
wrastler

[SOLVED] Everytime I add new post or comment, screen goes blank??!?

Hi all,

Can someone please go to my site, click on any of the sample posts and try to leave a comment. The screen just goes blank for me from there and I can't figure it out.

I haven't been editing the code at all so I'm a little confused...

Thanks to all who can take a look.

http://knowledge.livesoftheparty.com
Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:36 AM
wrastler

Some guys on my hosting are telling me that WordPress is installed incorrectly, which can't be true because I have been using it for the last 3 weeks!!

Anyone out there with any coding knowledge can you help???

Thanks!!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:23 AM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Yup, the dreaded white screen.

If you don't have alot of content, re-install wordpress and start over. If you ftp'd your wordpress files, something may have went wrong.

If you host has fantastico, install wordpress thru that.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:14 PM
wrastler

geeeeez...seriously???

something must be causing it though!?!?!

Amazing Flynn...any ideas?? Anyone else??
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:31 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Same thing for me. I'm taken to the wp-comments.php page, but it's empty. I don't know enough PHP or database stuff to know what to say. It's odd there's no error message. I wonder if you were to go into your database admin and drop that table, would Wordpress rebuild it next time you create a comment? Please don't do this based on my mutterings, since I'm a real novice at this stuff.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 01:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
So this started all of a sudden? Try with the "Default" theme, also disable plugins one by one to track down where it's coming from, the theme, a plugin, or something else