Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Weird behavior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:37 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Weird behavior

I'm experiencing a strange behavior that I can't attribute to anything other than perhaps a glitch with a new version?

I'm setting up a site that uses a widget above the main content area. I have done this a million times, only this time the text widget's margins don't push out its containing div as they should

The best way to explain this is to show you (look for a widget containing text "Rather strange behavior...")

Basically, the margins of this div don't push out the containing div outwards, but the adjacent ones do get bumped, so there is weird transparent empty space that should be filled with a background color instead

EDIT: Just realized I shoudl have posted this in the widgets forum. My bad! I'd repost it there, but I don't think the forum has a delete button to get rid of this one

Last edited by flyboy; Oct 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM.