Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

I have tried all suggestions on here, but RSS and Email Icons have disappeard (3.5.3)

Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:30 AM
sarge

16 posts · Oct 2009
I have tried all suggestions on here, but RSS and Email Icons have disappeard (3.5.3)

I cannot figure out how to get my RSS and Email Icons to show after upgrading to 3.5.3.

I have tried this thread:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12032

but my line 2 does not look like this: #include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions.php');
it looks like this:if ($bfa_ata == "") include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');

so adding that other language did not work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried the sticky thread, http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3904, and it did not help either.

Not sure what is wrong.

Here is what the RSS portion of the CSS looks like:

a.posts-icon:visited {
background: transparent url(<?php echo $bfa_ata['template_directory']; ?>/images/rss.png) no-repeat scroll center left;
}

a.posts-icon:hover {
background: transparent url(<?php echo $bfa_ata['template_directory']; ?>/images/rss.png) no-repeat scroll center left;
}

Please help. I upgraded to 3.5.3 to have the page functionality.

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:38 AM
sarge

16 posts · Oct 2009
Another thing I noticed is that in the updates section of my dashboard it says I am running Atahualpa 3.4.4, but when I go to the ATO it says I am in 3.5.3.

When I did my upgrade I Installed 3.5.3 side-by-side with 3.4.4 so I could see how it worked. Then I added my headers, favicon, and CSS files.

Is that an ok way to do it? Or did the CSS screw things up?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 02:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you installed 353 in a separate folder, like 'atahualpa353', that's fine. If you mixed the two versions in the same folder, who knows what you have.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:54 PM
sarge

16 posts · Oct 2009
I mixed the images, favicon, and css file
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The CSS file is part of the code, so if you moved the CSS.php from 3.5.3 to the 3.4.4 install of Atahualpa you probably will have issues.

see HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:57 PM
sarge

16 posts · Oct 2009
I used that to upgrade, but I had made changes to the .css file that did not transfer when I upgraded, so I took the .css from the 3.4.4 version and copied it into 3.5.3.

But I still cannot find where to link in the rss and email icons properly so that they show up.

Any help is appreciated.