Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Maximizing picture width in post

Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:39 AM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
I have started adding pictures to posts. I would like to be able to make them as large as the (padded) width of text. But when I try to make them bigger than about 80% of text width, the captioned frame (which I like) stops growing, and the picture sticks out on one side.

Is there a way to expand the maximum frame size, or is there some other issue? I am using floating width of 99%, with two 220px sidebars.

Thanks very much-

Ctenos
Old Oct 23, 2009, 02:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
one thing you can try is look at the html of the picture insert, find the 'class=' and see if it has size-full, if it has size-medium or size-small, change it to size-full
Old Oct 25, 2009, 05:20 PM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
... and see if it has size-full, if it has size-medium or size-small, change it to size-full
Thanks. It was set at "large"; making it "full" didn't help. I tried stretching the photo frame in the editing pane with the corner handles. But it always springs back to somewhat narrower than text. If I make it bigger with the sliding scale in the photo-editor window, it just pops out of the frame. Must be some setting in PHP or CSS that determines maximum width - I'll look around for it, or just live with it. Effect might be an artifact of my setting floating width, so I'll try it in fixed-width sometime.

Thanks-

Ctenos
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hmmm, I do this all the time. I insert a photo from the media and use a caption. If I don't change 'size-medium' to 'size-full', the image won't resize ar you change the window size.

take a look at zenofmud.org the post 'I'm a Father-in-Law!!!' and resize the window, is that what you are looking for?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:19 AM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Looks about right. Again, I haven't been able to get max picture width to equal max text width. Will play more with settings and report back if/when I crack it.

Thanks-

Ctenos
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
DeonneK

19 posts · Aug 2010
Ctenos - did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:42 AM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeonneK
Ctenos - did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.
Afraid not - thought it might be unique to my host or something. Must be a bit of code hiding somewhere that will fix this. Please post if you find it.

-ctenos