Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Sometimes text in my blog turns white and becomes invisible

Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:08 AM
midnight

2 posts · Aug 2010
Sometimes text in my blog turns white and becomes invisible

Hi!
I'm not sure this is related to Atahualpha, but I thought maybe someone on this forum might have an idea why this happens.

Sometimes the text in the blog except links turns white and becomes invisible since my background is white.

It has been happening for a long time at least back to WP 2.7, maybe earlier. I use Atahualpha on several other blogs, but it's only on this website that this happens.

It does happen on IE, Chrome and Firefox (I haven't tested other browsers). It also happens on all the computers I have access to with both XP and W7.

Take a look at http://www.americanjourneys.net but you might have to refresh a couple of times to actually see it. (and right now I had to refresh more than ten times before it happened...)

Any idea why this happens?

Also in Chrome the header has an extra white space before the picture. This does not happen in IE and FF. Why?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I couldn't make it happen. Next time you see it happen, view the source of the page and copy it and save it in a text file. That should give a big hint as to what is happening. Then you can attach the text file and I'll take a look.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:04 AM
midnight

2 posts · Aug 2010
Here's the source.
Thank's for replying!
Attached Files
File Type: txt americanjourneys_error.txt (115.4 KB, 2796 views)
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When I rename this to have an extension of html and open it in my browser, I see the same colors as normal. Try it your self. Change the '.txt' to '.html' then open the file in your browser and see what happens.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be something in one of the plugins/ad's that is causing it.

Try disabling the plugins and see if you can recreate it.