Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] No Menu 2 background using WP menus, WP v3.3, Ata 3.7.3

Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:59 PM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
[SOLVED] No Menu 2 background using WP menus, WP v3.3, Ata 3.7.3

Hi, I've run out of ideas on this issue, and none of the fixes I saw in other posts seemed to apply. Hopefully it's some easy thing I overlooked. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have the category menu under bar2, which is under the banner, which is under bar 1, which is under the page menu. I have WP menus turned on, and have mapped %page-right (Menu 1) to a menu I called Menu One, and have mapped %cat-center (Menu 2) to a menu I called Menu Two.

The problem is the the second, %cat-center menu, which I've tried to give a background color to, and when the color failed to extend past the menu items, I tried making it a background image filled with that color. I put the image in my Ata images folder and have tried various means of getting the background to work, including adding the following line to both the Ata CSS/HTML inserts (there are no other menu items defined there, so no cascade issues I can detect), and also adding the same line to css.php, in the div#menu2 style. I've tried this with and without defining the color, as well.

I should note that this solution worked prior to turning on WP menus.

Again, any help greatly appreciated...

The line:

Quote:
div#menu2 {
background: url(http://forestnatives.com/wp-content/...es/menu2bg.jpg no-repeat);
}
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
One issue could be you code. The no-repeat should be outside the parenthesis and I always use quotes on paths. Also when look at the code with firebug I see bfa_cat_menu for the CSS selector. Example below
HTML Code:
bfa_cat_menu {
background: url("http://forestnatives.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/menu2bg.jpg") no-repeat;
}
You don't even have to use an image for the background. It looks like the code below will work fine.
HTML Code:
#bfa_cat_menu {
    background: #292723;
}
Old Dec 14, 2011, 08:54 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Thank you! The selector was definitely the problem, and not the misplaced code. It was late when I typed that up last night, and I forgot and put the no-repeat "back" in the wrong place (I'd taken it out of the code entirely at one point). I knew just the color should work, but was adding the background as a last-ditch attempt to fix the problem when the color didn't work.

Is firebug something that works with Firefox? I've never used debugging software except back in school...
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yes Firebug works with Firefox but there are development tools for many browsers.