Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Display Page-Title in Sidebar

Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:23 PM
semperfidelis

5 posts · Aug 2010
Wink [SOLVED] Display Page-Title in Sidebar

Hello!

First of all: I'm sorry for my poor English. Furthermore: neither HTML, CSS or PHP are my friends.
I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3 on a wordpress 3 installation, and that theme is simply great.

my question:
Would it, somehow, be possible to display the page title of the current page within a widget in a sidebar? I dont care if the page title would remain on the top of the page, as usual, too, but I would like to display the current page title in a sidebar, next to the content.

My primitive understanding suggests me to somehow "get" the current page's title, using PHP? Would it be possible to do that in a standard text-widget, using HTML? Are there any plugins available that would do the job? I've tried finding one, but didnt have much success.

I'm sorry if I have posted this thread in a wrong section.

Thanks for any kind of answer or idea!

Cheers
Tom
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could put this code in a php friendly text widget.
HTML Code:
<?php bloginfo('name'); ?>
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:40 PM
semperfidelis

5 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks a lot.

But that returns the blog name, and not the name or title of the currently displayed page or post.

Code:
         <!-- Post Headline -->                    
        <div class="post-headline">    
        <h1><?php
if (!is_single() and !is_page()) { ?>
            <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php
    if (function_exists('the_title_attribute')) {
        the_title_attribute();
    } elseif (function_exists('the_title')) {
        the_title();
    } ?>"><?php
}
the_title();
if (!is_single() and !is_page()) { ?>
            </a><?php
} ?>
        </h1>
        </div>
is what helped me for now.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Sorry about that. I read your question too quickly.