Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Sidebars, Left and Right

Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:25 AM
WaterfrontGazette

5 posts · Dec 2008
First, thanks for developing this theme, I have been playing around with a few different ones and so-far I like the look of this, especially the large image and the capacity to interchange images. Now, the problem I am having -possibly because I have limited experience with these things- is that, it appears by default both of my sidebars are listing my entire list of links. The only difference is that the left sidebar also contains META and category lists. Now when I go to appearance>widgets, I have the option of selecting and placing different items on both right and left sidebars. When I go to current widgets>right-sidebar>show, I am told "You are using 0 widgets in the 'Right Sidebar' sidebar. Add more from the Available Widgets section." Why then are all of my links showing? How can I manage to delete and customize one or the other sidebar? Is there another recommended widget or plug-in that can assist me in doing this? I appreciate any feedback, and again, thanks for Atahuapla.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This sounds like you're running a 2.x version of Atahualpa because 3.0 doesn't have default "placeholder" content in the sidebars.

To remove the existing default content from a sidebar in Atahualpa 2.x add a (any) widget to that sidebar, it should overwrite all the existing content.

Depending on which theme version you have, some content may not go away after you added a widget. You would have to delete that manually from sidebar.php or sidebar2.php