Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Add code in single.php

Old Mar 9, 2012, 04:59 AM
Lucker

17 posts · Apr 2009
Add code in single.php

I'd like to replace some code in single.php file, but found that the theme has no one.

In instruction from this page http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/add-ric...ordpress-blog/ I understang that I should change
Code:
<h2 class="post_title"><?php the_title(); ?><h2>
to this
Code:
<h2 class="post_title entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?><h2>
and add this
Code:
<h2 class="updated"><?php the_date();?></h2>
and this
Code:
Author:<p class="author"><span><?php the_author(); ?></span></p>
Is it possible to reach this functionality with Atahualpa theme? Are the code above correct for the theme?
What the best way to implement the code into the theme?

Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 06:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will need to edit the code in bfa_post_parts.php in the 'function bfa_post_headline...' section where the post title HTML is built.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:17 AM
Lucker

17 posts · Apr 2009
Juggledad, thank you for pointing me to the source file. Unlikely I absolutely dummy in php and have no idea how to change the code in the file in order to achieve desirable functionality...

Could you please provide instructions how to add class to h1/2?

Thank you in advance
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
to dig into the code to figure out what exactly would be needed will take a bit of time. If you can not do it yourself you need to
- spend the time and energy to learn how to do it
- find a friend who can do it
- hire someone to do it for you.
- find a different solution (maybe a different plugin)
- or re think your needs

maybe the person who did the writeup would be willing to do the work for you...