Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Moved to a new host and all settings are gone

Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:42 AM
sabine

4 posts · Jun 2011
I just moved my site to a new host and I had 3.7.7 installed.
I exported/imported the XML file and pages do show up but all the theme settings are gone

can someone please help me in easy steps, I'm not very technical and about to pull my hair out.

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:54 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you export and import the theme settings or did you just export and import the site content? To move a site means moving the entire database which is more than exporting and importing the xml. You would either have to use a tool to migrate the site or you have to export and import the the database or minimally you could do what you did along with exporting and importing the theme settings along with copying the theme images (logo, banner, favicon, etc.) to the new location.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:01 AM
sabine

4 posts · Jun 2011
Hello Larry
I think i only exported the site content (use the export/import within WP) and copied all the files from the old site.
is the information somewhere in the files? or will i have to go back to the old host and copy something else?
How do I export the theme settings?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
teh 'wordpress' export function only exports the page/post data. you need to do a database export using phpMyAdmin or a plugin like 'backupbuddy'

In addition, if you did not copy the wp-content folder, you will have lost all your media uloads.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:17 AM
sabine

4 posts · Jun 2011
I did copy the wp_content folder and uploaded it to the new site.

Now the problem is that the site hosting has already been moved and I don't seem to have access to the old phpMyAdmin, however if I get back there what would i need to export and how - sorry total novice when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks and I really appreciate the help
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you can get into the cpanel or whatever the old host used, you should find a database section and hopefully phpMyAdmin. You select your database and tell it to do an export of all tables to a file and download it to your computer.

If you have never used phpMyAdmin, you should find a friend that has or hire someone to help you.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:21 AM
sabine

4 posts · Jun 2011
Thanks for all the help, managed to get access to the old PHP stuff and all is well now