Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] New Wordpress not compatible

Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:40 PM
_kimberley

51 posts · Dec 2011
Amsterdam
[SOLVED] New Wordpress not compatible

The new Wordpress can't work anymore with the Atahualpa theme! Can anyone tell me what to do?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 02:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In what way is it not compatible? I have it running and it looks to be working fine.

If you are having an issue, are you sure it is not a plugin conflict?

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 24, 2018 at 02:56 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 02:11 AM
_kimberley

51 posts · Dec 2011
Amsterdam
can't open media library when I search for featured image and when I change theme, it's fixed. Also deactived all plugins, nothing happens. Atahualpa is my favourite theme and can't work without

EDIT: I also have a copy from my Wordpress and it hasn't been updated or changed for a while and it got the same problem. So I think it's somethig with new PHP version?

Last edited by _kimberley; Feb 25, 2018 at 02:58 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 05:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version on PHP? You can finde the version by adding a text file called phpinfo.php containing the following:
HTML Code:
<?php 
if (! ($xmlparser = xml_parser_create()) )
{ 
   die ("Cannot create parser");
}

phpinfo();
 ?>
and then running it with 'your domain.com/phpinfo.php - once you run it and get the php version delete the file so hackers can't find it and run it. FYI: I have access to php v7.0.27 and featured images work fine.

What verson of Atahualpa?

do you see anything in your error.log file?
do you see any messages if you edit the wp-config.php and set:
HTML Code:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
Old Mar 2, 2018, 02:34 AM
_kimberley

51 posts · Dec 2011
Amsterdam
fixed it!

I had to copy header and footer from atahualpa-child to atahualpa, choose atahualpa and it was fixed
Old Mar 2, 2018, 03:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Oh...so you were using a child theme of atahualpa?? That would have been helpful to know.

Well glad you figured it out and I’ll close this.