Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Conundrum of php 5.4 in WampServer

Old Jan 11, 2015, 03:21 AM
Alan_OldStudent

46 posts · Oct 2013
Northwest United States
Conundrum of php 5.4 in WampServer

I would really like to try TF, but as of now, I have decided to delay paying for it and downloading it because it will not run on my version of WAMPSERVER. At the present time, I have too much invested in various learning and development projects for me to want to scrap WAMPSERVER. However, it runs php 5.4.3, which quarrels with ThemeFrame. So I decided to look for a suitable portable stack.

I tried AMPPS, thinking it was a portable app. BIG MISTAKE!! Such was not the case.

Moreover, after uninstalling the flashy AMPPS application, this stack had destroyed my ability to use my well-honed, well-used, and well-loved WAMPSERVER by buggering up some settings in my registry that I could not trace. Instead, I had to go back to the previous day's restore point. I performed these irksome tasks with a fair amount of hair pulling, gnashing of teeth, and much muttering of curses. This process lasted for several hours, accompanied by a roaring headache.

HERE'S a selfie of me doing this during one of my calmer and more composed moments:

I tried to find xampp portable with an older version of PHP, but that was not too productive. I could not find portable versions of EasyPHP that were older. Besides, all EasyPHP files were EXE files, and I learned that if one wants a portable app, one simply must download a ZIP to be sure, especially if the EXE file had the word "INSTALL" in the title.

And Flynn quite adamantly insists that any stack with php 5.4.x is incompatible with TF, no matter what measures one takes to install sqlite in the stack.

If someone could provide me with a link to a PORTABLE stack that will work on my Win 7 64-bit computer and is compatible with TF, I probably would spring for it. Otherwise, I'll wait until Flynn comes out with the new TF. Looking through this forum has convinced me that I should not hold my breath, that I should bide my time, and "hurry up and wait"

I'd love to try it though. So..... If anyone can tell me where to download a suitable PORTABLE stack. I've already spent a fair amount of time wheel-spinning in search engines and have simply lost any patience I may have had for doing more searching for such an item.

Regards,

Alan OldStudent
The unexamined life is not worth living—Socrates
Gracias a la vida, que me ha dado tanto—Violeta Parra
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:38 PM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Just today I downloaded all the latest Apache, mySQL, etc. as part of EasyPHP, only to learn that it won't work.

Within the expanded TF126 zip file are two text files. _easyphp_info.txt and another one for uniformserver. Regarding EasyPHP:

EASYPHP - Installation

1. Install EasyPHP 12.0 with PHP 5.3.14
http://sourceforge.net/projects/quic...asyPHP/12.0.0/
(don't install a newer EasyPHP as it will probably have PHP 5.4+ without
the needed sqlite version 2 extension)

2. Place the extracted "/themeframe/" (or similar) directory in EasyPHP's
"www" directory, e.g. in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-12.0\www so you
end up with C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-12.0\www\themeframe\

3. Open Firefox or Chrome and surf to http://127.0.0.1/home/

4. You should see the /themeframe/ (or /themeframe122/ or whatever)
directory. Click on it, preferably right-click and choose "Open in new tab",
so you have EasyPHP's admin tab still open. TF should start in the new tab.
Or surf to http://127.0.0.1/themeframe/ (change directory name
accordingly if it is /themeframe122/ etc...

5. You may have to activate the "sqlite" extension. Right click the
"E" icon in the task bar, then "Configuration" -> "PHP". In the php.ini
file that opens, do a "Ctrl+f" to search for ";extension=php_sqlite.dll"
and remove the ; in front of that line. Save the file with Ctrl+s.
Right-click the "E" again, then click "Restart". See if it works now
when you reload http://127.0.0.1/themeframe/

6. On start ThemeFrame will try to create a /thfr-projects/ directory
in EasyPHP's "www" directory. If it cannot, either make "www" writable
or create /www/thfr-projects/ yourself and make that writable, then
reload http://127.0.0.1/themeframe/ once again.

If all this doesn't work I suggest trying out Uniformserver,
see /themeframe/_uniformserver_info.txt

"If all this doesn't work..." !! Can't decide whether to jump ship at this point or not.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:01 AM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Followup:

I was able to load Themeframe with this url: http://127.0.0.1:8887/themeframe126/

Once it's open on your screen, it's pretty overwhelming.

I was not able to uncheck the "read only" setting for the /thfr-projects/ directory, so I will hope that's not what they mean by "make that writable".
Old Jan 13, 2015, 03:25 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
All working? Just try zipping a theme to start with. Then start playing with layout and design and zip and test. Have fun
Old Jan 13, 2015, 09:10 AM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Is there a collection of Themeframe sample zips somewhere, or were you speaking generically?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 05:15 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I was referring to using TF. Once you are happy with the styling of your new theme (or just use an out of the box "White sample theme" to start with), then you must zip it to upload it to your WP site. Once you have zipped a theme, there will be no stopping you

You could also FTP the theme, but thats a little more complicated (only that you need all your FTP details for the site you are uploading to).

3 basic steps to nail -
  1. installation, get TF running
  2. styling your theme
  3. zip or FTP to the WP site of choice

You have 1 nailed yes?