Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Unable to override a body padding

Old Jan 25, 2010, 03:24 AM
vil2

13 posts · Jan 2010
Hello,

This morning a strange , unwanted padding appeared... how, why? I do not know, I did not change anything since friday...
At the very top of the site, there is now a 40px padding. I tried to add padding-top in the ATO, "body text and links" section, but it seems that every size I put in is override : the page loads correctly but after two seconds, it returns to its previous state. My wish is to have a zero padding here, as it was since the beginning...I never changed this setting, don't know why it appeared there and now :s
So how do I remove it? Thx - vil2

http://www.lebardessciences.com
Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:31 AM
vil2

13 posts · Jan 2010
OK it seems this is due to a hacker, on IE my friends tell me that there is now a giant advertisment above the header

It was a java script put in header.php...damn. How did he manage to write my file?

Last edited by vil2; Jan 25, 2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Wordpress?
If you have ben hacked, they probablu got in and changed a lot of files. Get onto your host and grab the FTP log and save it (some hosts recycle it every 24 hrs).

If one module was changed, you can bet lots and lots were changed, this includes wordpress modules, themes, plugins. Do a spot check, look at a couple 'index.php' modules in different folders in wordpress. Look to see if there is any encrypted code in it.

1) change your FTP user id's and passwords NOW
2) change your cpanel (or what ever you use to login to your host) password NOW
3) check to see if any 'extra' users have been created on your host - not wordpress, the isp host
4) check to see if there are any new users in your wordpress db - espically any with ADMIN
5) Change any users in the DB that have ALL authority

AFTER I did all that, I would take my site off line (just add an index.html saying 'down for maintenance' then I would go in and make a list of all my plugins - get fresh copies and delete the existing ones and load up the fresh. Same for the themes - even the default themes. (make sure to copy any header images from Atahualpa first)

Then I would get a new copy of wordpress and delete all teh wordpress code from the server but your wp-config.php and the wp-contents folder. Once that is done, upload the new coyp and check things out.

If you are on an older version of WP, upgrade! Also do a google search on how to protect your wordpress site.

good luck