Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

KICKER: Single Post Pages

Old Nov 14, 2009, 06:24 PM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
I set this feature on :

%categories-linked(' >> ')%

but happened that kickers of single post pages belonging to next categories :display : Main category >> sub category

but kickers of single post pages belonging to these category :

display : Sub category >> Main category.

Soeone colud explain me why ?

Thx
Old Nov 15, 2009, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) what version of Atahualpa and WP?
2) I'm not seeing any KICKERS on your posts. I see post FOOTERS, but not KICKERS
what do you have filled in at ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->
A) KICKER: Homepage?
B) KICKER: Multi Post Pages?
C) KICKER: Single Post Pages?
D) KICKER: "Page" Pages?
3) please try to explain the issue a bit more. Are you saying that posts are showing the wrong categories?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 06:28 AM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
Ok,
i read my post just now and i discover to forget a sentence.
So i set the tag %categories-linked(' >> ')%
on
KICKER : single post pages
so kicker will display only on single post pages, to answer to your question : C.

To return to my first post i listed the categories where single post pages displayed kickers in a right way :
Main category >> Sub category
and the categories where single post pages displayed kickers in "inverted" manner
Sub category >> Main category

So the lists in first comment are referred to categories, so kickers are not shown there,
you have to choose one of the posts listed to see kicker.

WP and Atahulpa version : 2.8.4 for wp and former version of atahualpa.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 03:26 PM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
It seems that this feature returns categories in Alphabetical order instead hierarchically order.

For example :
Posts under EVENTI SPORTIVI ( main category ) and CALCIO ( sub category) displays
this kickers :
CALCIO >> EVENTI PORTIVI

posts under EVENTI SPORTIVI ( main category ) and RUGBY ( sub category ) display
this kickers :
EVENTI SPORTIVI >> RUGBY

You can easily verified that in list pubblised in first opening thread of this discussion.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the '%categories('delimiter')%' option will list all categories the post belongs to in Category ID order.

If you have the following categories (where the number in the () is the ID
color (4)
- red (7)
- - pink (8)
- - rose (1)
- blue (6)
- - midnight blue (11)
- - sky blue (9)
animal (3)
- cat (12)
- dog (2)
- - shepard (10)
- rabbit (5)
and you create a post and assign it the category of 'sky blue' and 'shepard', using %categories-linked(' >> ')% in the kicker will display
sky blue >> shepard
because they are the only two categories assigned to the post and 'sky blue' has a lower id than 'shepard'

if you assigned the categories 'sky blue', 'animal', 'dog' and 'shepard', then the list would be
dog >> animal >> sky blue >> shepard
because they are all categories associated with the post and that is the order of the id.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 08:18 PM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
Thank 4 the answer juggledad....but may i change che category ID so to define a category hierarchy ?

Regards

Last edited by bigliettaio; Nov 18, 2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When you add a category, a row is created in the wp_terms table. Each row is given a sequential number as the unique id for the row. The field in the wp_term table is the 'term_id' which is the Category ID.

While you can change the row's term_id using phpMyAdmin, I have no idea what other effects it may have, since there is a relationship between the wp_term table and the wp_term_relationship table and wp_term_taxonomy table.