Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

HOWTO: add IE css conditional comments

Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:38 PM
byronyasgur

17 posts · Feb 2009
needed to do a conditional css comment ( the theme is very good cross browser and i think usually this will be unnecessary ) but i couldnt find anything about it so here's what i did just in case it saves anyone else scratching their head .. its actually very easy but you might miss it

in the html inserts section ( header )

<!--[if IE]> (or whatever your conditional comment is )
<style type="text/css">
.whatever{
style:style;
etc:etc;
}
</style>
<![endif]-->
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
Masselyn

91 posts · Jan 2009
So. California
Hi:

I'd love to bring this thread back from the grave, because I am having a problem using the code provided above (or getting an external stylesheet to be used).

This is not for elements within Atahualpa, the theme works great across all browsers, but I use this theme to design very custom websites with DIV elements that require me to use certain settings that can cause problems in IE (wow, that is a surprise). You can see a site for example here, where custom elements are placed and I need to customize my CSS for IE (or I need to know what I might be doing wrong otherwise).

http://xogigifabrics.com/ (the tree's placement appears to be okay in all browsers other than IE7)

Anyway, does anyone have tips for setting different CSS rules for browsers within the "A" theme?

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In ATO>Style & Configure Layout you can turn on IE7 Emulation. On you site you have done one of the things I do with placement for IE's sake is use position: relative. The other is to avoid negative px where I can.

In you case I would have probably place the code for the tree so as to avoid that large negative top margin. But the site looks good to me in all but IE6 and couldn't care less about IE6.