Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Putting search box (widget) in category menu?

Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:28 AM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
I was wondering if it is possible to place the search box in the category menu bar. I want the Category links on the left, and to have the search box float right in the same black bar. My site: http://www.laurenacooper.com/nailsalons (obviously still a work in progress )
Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
yes it is possible, you can do it by using CSS to position the element in the category menubar or dig into the code and add code to put it there or hard code your category menubar and add the search box to the menu items (if you choose this method, then view the existing page and copy the html for the menu and search box as a starting point)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:27 AM
mon17

3 posts · Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
yes it is possible, you can do it by using CSS to position the element in the category menubar
Hi Juggledad,

I am having exactly the same problem and I was wondering how this could be done using CSS.

Thanks,
Mon
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is a write up in the gold forum tutorials HOWTO: float the search box and RSS icons over the header image. that you can use as a starting point.