Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget woes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
anishinaboy

8 posts · Jun 2010
Widget woes

Hi,

I am trying to create a new widget area for a banner ad but am having difficulty.

Here is my site.

I would like to either put a banner either above the whole container, in the darker blue above the header/logo area.

Or I would like to have a banner that stays above the posts, in the center column.

I have tried to create a new widget area to place the banner in the center column (by placing the new widget area in the HEADER AREA like so: %logo %pages %cats <?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>) but it made the latest headline link with the banner ad.

And when i tried to create a new widget area above %logo it simply doesn't show up.

Any help greatly appreciated.