Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Mysterious Widget Behavior After Update to 3.7.13

Old Mar 27, 2014, 04:00 PM
sonjasays

10 posts · Dec 2009
St. Louis
[SOLVED] Mysterious Widget Behavior After Update to 3.7.13

I just updated to 3.7.13 and I have some mysterious widget behavior in my right sidebar on hellobeautyblog.com:
  • Categories and archives by month are showing up underneath the text that is supposed to show up
  • Sample widget text is showing up at the bottom of my widgets

I've gone through the html for all my widgets and can't find where this is coming from. I have included screenshots. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Sonja
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2014-03-27 at 4.52.46 PM.jpg
Views:	1234
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	2526  

Last edited by sonjasays; Mar 31, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 04:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you go to both the header and footer sections in the theme options and hit the green save button at the bottom?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 04:26 PM
sonjasays

10 posts · Dec 2009
St. Louis
Thank you for your quick reply. I just tried hit the save button in all the header and footer sections but I didn't see a difference. Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Sonja
Old Mar 27, 2014, 06:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I would also look at code in the widget areas for code that that isn't closed properly or has other syntax errors.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:53 PM
sonjasays

10 posts · Dec 2009
St. Louis
I've looked through the widget code and don't see anything. The widgets were all working fine until I did the update. The categories, etc. only showed up after the update.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 08:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Try deactivating all the plugins to see if there is a conflict. Then if the problem is gone reactivate one at a time to see which plugin is the issue. It looks like it might have something to do with an ad plugin.