Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

image size

Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:44 PM
ireneeng

18 posts · Oct 2009
new york
Send a message via Skype™ to ireneeng
Is there a way image/picture uploaded into a post would come with <a href= ..> - like this? I wanted to show small or med size pic in the post but give the option to enlarge it by clicking on it. But this theme doesn't allow it (or I don't know how to turn this function on?) I manually added the <a href ..> but the size stays the same.

Any idea? Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 04:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How are you adding the image? Are you using the builtin WP media or something else.
Using the builtin WP media, when I load an image I get the '<a href=' the problem is that it takes me to a new page that shows the image small again and I have to click it again to get it full size.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:30 AM
ireneeng

18 posts · Oct 2009
new york
Send a message via Skype™ to ireneeng
JD, thanks for helping.

I'm not sure what 'builtin WP media' is .. I use the little icon (first from left) at Upload/Insert above the posting area, which takes me to Add Image screen .. Select Files .. after uploading the image/pic, Insert ..
Old Nov 23, 2009, 04:54 AM
SimonKemp

12 posts · Nov 2009
My guess is that you would have to upload the picture somewhere first, check it in a browser and then copy the address.

Go back to where you want to put the link to the image, type your post in the non-html mode, highlight the word that you want to be the link and click the little chain icon and paste in the address of the image. Then paste in the address of the image.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Actually if you use the built in media options of Wordpress the way ireneeng, documented, when you insert the image,you will get the <a href=.. added. This is a WordPress feature
Old Nov 23, 2009, 08:22 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneeng
Is there a way image/picture uploaded into a post would come with <a href= ..> - like this? I wanted to show small or med size pic in the post but give the option to enlarge it by clicking on it. But this theme doesn't allow it (or I don't know how to turn this function on?) I manually added the <a href ..> but the size stays the same.

Any idea? Thanks.
I just add the image via the Add and image button, set the size and alignment and make sure the Link URL is set to File URL. I also use the Auto Thickbox plugin to make the enlargement process "prettier" plus it links all the images in a post together so you can click next after enlarging the picture.