Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Category Page Broken WP ecommerce

Old May 30, 2011, 10:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you are running 367 you should apply the bugfix's (New Versions & Updates) if you haven't already
Old May 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
jeroenbinken

8 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks, did as you suggested, and replaced the 3 files. But the category widget still does not work properly.
Old May 31, 2011, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Then it looks like you'll still have to fix the widget.

Last edited by lmilesw; May 31, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:07 AM
asder99

1 posts · May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brideoflinux
Okay, I've got the display problem solved for the category pages
I'm sorry, I didn't understand clearly.
Can you explain me how did you fix that?

Thank you!
Old May 31, 2011, 04:34 PM
jeroenbinken

8 posts · Feb 2011
I'm using hard links to the categories, as editing the category widget is beyond my skills. But using links you can achieve almost the same effect (category index). However, it does require more work, as you have to create the link manually for each category.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:45 PM
misscabrina

3 posts · Feb 2011
Just wanted to chime in and say I've been having this same issue; if I add the widget for Prices (which lets you view items based on price ranges) all items in the selected price-range option populate in the main section of the page.
But if I use the product-category widget, I don't see everything; instead I just get a mumbled jumbled up display of only one product.
I'm not well versed in php and am not sure how to implement the php suggestion posed by another poster... in for a solution! hopefully..
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:43 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Hi all,
Same problem here. I have read as much as I can until my head is spinning.

I have used these plugins before with no drama (getting grid view on category pages), but with Twenty Ten theme, not ATA.

ATA 3.4.9 | WP Version 3.0.5 | todays WP eCommerce Version 3.8.4 with Gold Cart Version 2.9.2 for Grid view

Grid view working perfectly on Products page.

It starts to fall apart with Right Sidebar not showing on any of the shop pages. I have Right sidebar turned on (posts and pages), but have excluded it from all existing "website pages" via ATO.

Sidebar shows on normal pages.

But as soon as you click any Category, it shows the items as "posts". I removed "Admin and date" etc (removed in ATO/Edit post/page info items) but its still showing the Read More and treating like a post, with no right sidebar.

Can someone please help me make the products not behave like posts, and explain how to get the right sidebar showing on all shop pages (when Ive only excluded it from select "pages", no shop pages).

I can provide login details if one of the mods is able to help?

Thanks heaps if you can,

Jill

Edit - Correction I have ATA 3.4.9

and update - Sidebars are working on the Page not Found page.

Edit - links removed

Last edited by Jam; Jun 12, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I took a look. Do you have the same issue if you switch to the TwentyTen theme? Have you considered adding Atahualpa 3.6.7 (with bug fixes) and switching to it to see if the problem remains? I have heard that WP e-commerce can be problematic in some situations. I realize that doesn't help much but the two thing above are what I would try first.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:48 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks Larry. I just switched to Twenty Ten theme, had a quick look then switched back.
While in Twenty Ten the standard meta tags showed in sidebar but none of the Shop widgets.
Ive been to the wp-ecommerce forum and done (I think everything) they recommend doing.
Moving theme files across etc, but nothing gets the shop sidebar widgets to show. And the product items are still treated like posts.

You can do the switcheroo to have a look if you like, I just did and switched it back quickly.

Would 3.6.7 break anything? I hate upgrades

Ive just put up a front page (index.html) to close it to public while you have a look in twenty ten if you want.

Last edited by Jam; Jun 12, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:04 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
In Twenty Ten now and all still not working so it has to be the WP-ecommerce plugin or Gold Cart. I disabled all plugins except those two, still not working as it should

If you've had a look I'll switch it al back.

Update for anyone contemplating this plugin WP e-Commerce 3.8x dont bother with it. I ended up uninstalling, and downgrading to 3.7.8 that was working fine on another site and now its working. Still an issue or two to sort but working. Had to load all products again, thankfully only 12.

Aaargh hate upgrades!

Last edited by Jam; Jun 12, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 11:19 AM
Memento Vivi

9 posts · May 2009
Breda // The Netherlands
The post of edwardmccaughan almost did the trick for me...

I wanted the category-page to have a grid-view. So I used edwardmccaughan's file and copy-pasted the content of the grid_view into his file.
I uploaded the new file: http://www.memento-vivi.com/images/t...egory.php_.zip

The only two things that are missing, are the page numbering and the fact that the page is showing all the products of the category instead of showing the quantity of products that I have set in the back end of the store. But I can live without that... I am very happy with edwardmccaughan's post! Many thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 01:57 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I think pagination is only visible if you have a certain number of products to list on that page. ie less than products per page (set in Shop), and no page numbers will show.

I found the settings sometimes confusing, ended up changing one at a time, seeing the result and then I knew what they actually do, and how they effect other settings. Theres a lot of plug n play to get the final look you are after. This one isn't open to the public yet, but I'm very happy with layout and function etc now ATA/WP-eCommerce site
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:14 AM
doubleclic

3 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks very much to EdwardMcCaughan. I had the problem where when i clicked on a category to get a list of products in it displayed all I got were the product titles and the additional description field. I dropped the 2 files provieded by Edward in to my themes/Atahualpa364 folder and it all worked. Wish I had found this earlier.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 04:45 PM
kamuzon

2 posts · Aug 2011
I had the same problem with WP 3.2.1, WP e-Commerce 3.8.6 and Atahualpa 3.6.7.
Until I use solution by EdwardMcCaughan.

But now only image from first item on category page zoom in to full window view. On second is javaScript error.
How could I fix it?
Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 06:13 PM
aehageman

18 posts · Oct 2011
I think I am having a similar issue
Atahualpa 3.7.3
WP e-Commerce Version 3.8.7.4

The default category works correctly.
http://ozarkbikershop.com/?wpsc_prod...oduct-category

The second category does not work
http://ozarkbikershop.com/?wpsc_prod...ory-of-patches

Both have the same products assigned to them.

WP e-commerce answer to this is get another theme.
http://getshopped.org/forums/topic/l...atahualpa-3-8/

I put in files from edwardmccaughan and the issue slightly improved. The default category now works. Any other category created is blank except the work subcategory.

If there is information leading to a solution please let me know..

Thanks