Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Can I change Font Face?

Old Dec 4, 2010, 08:41 PM
Zoe1416

15 posts · Dec 2010
Can I change Font Face?

I'm a total newbie, so I'd love specific instructions.

Here is my blog:
http://pregnancybaby411.com/

I'm want to make the category bar more "girlie" or feminine to fit the tone of my blog. I have several fonts on my computer that I'd love to use. Is it possible to customize the fonts in this theme?

Where do I upload the fonts, so that I can use the font that I want on my blog? I think that the traditional Arial, Courier New, etc. are too "blah" for what I'm trying to go for.

Is it possible? Please help!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 09:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To get into fancier fonts you would have to use a plugin like Google Fonts or TypeKit since the only fonts that will show if you don't are those that the person viewing the site has on there computer. Remember though that for websites "pretty" or "girly" fonts are sometimes less readable. Comic Sans is one font you could use that is generally "web safe" though.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 06:49 AM
Zoe1416

15 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks. I downloaded the plugin for Google Fonts, but I want to change the font for the category bar under the header... I don't see anywhere I can do that?

Any suggestions?

The plugin only allows me to change the font for h1, h2, etc. (which are all confusing to me).. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 06:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are other plugins such as Any Font that may do what you want. Some have a cost associated with them depending on your usage though. I would do a search on wordpress.com, install a few of the font plugins and see what they offer and how difficult they are to implement.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 08:12 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
The easiest for me, so far, is Typekit. I'm making a blog for a friend using it, because she wants a pretty font in various places on the site. Please ignore the header graphic; that's her idea. :-)

http://zeldajane.com
Old Dec 5, 2010, 04:33 PM
Zoe1416

15 posts · Dec 2010
I think I've given up on how to change the Font Face in the Category Bar. I can't figure it out.
I also can't figure out how to change the Font Typeface on anything...

Here's my newest font/size related question.

I want to change the size of the font on my post body... I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I went to ATO-->Overall style and config --> body, text and links..

In the first box with the padding, font family, font size, color and background info, I changed the font size to 0.95em, but now ... (as you can see on my homepage), the first paragraph has smaller text than the other two paragraphs. I'd like all of the text to be the same size.

Any suggestions? Thanks