Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

upgrade order advice

Old Aug 8, 2010, 04:29 PM
ksmith101

79 posts · Dec 2009
North Carolina, although Georgia (USA) is HOME
I am a little behind on my upgrades mostly because what I have is working. I am running WP 2.9 with ATA 3.4.4. If I upgrade to the most recent of both, which should I do first??? Will I regret fixing what is not broken??
Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I always keep my sites upgrading if for nothing else it plugs security holes. As always before you start any upgrade do a complete backup of your site. Here are the steps I take.
  1. Backup site as outlined in thread below
  2. Upgrade plugins
  3. Upgrade WordPress
  4. Upgrade Atahualpa manually
  5. Activate new Atahualpa version
  6. If all is OK you are done (other than images and paths as outlined in thread below.
  7. If site is broken switch back to version you were using and search for answer to problem and/or post question in forum.
For a complete set of instructions on upgrading take a look at this thread.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:21 AM
ksmith101

79 posts · Dec 2009
North Carolina, although Georgia (USA) is HOME
Thanks....