Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Issue with generated names of custom widgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:27 AM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
Issue with generated names of custom widgets

Hi,

Something weird is going on with the names of my custom widgets (generated by the before_widget and after_widget code).

I have two custom widget areas in my header. Here is the code that I used to create them:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header&cells=2&align_1=9&align_2=3&width_1=250&widget_2=700&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
And here are the names that are being generated:
Code:
<div id="\"text-4\"" class="\"header-widget" widget_text\"="">
What is up with the weird slashes before and after the widget names? I have been unable to get any css styling to work using div#\"text-4\" or div#text-4.

Have I done something wrong in the code I used to create the widgets?

Thanks!