Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Adding Text Box in center area above posts on Front Page Only

Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
[SOLVED] Adding Text Box in center area above posts on Front Page Only

I would like to add a space where we can include a text/html "welcome" and basic introduction to our site on the front page above the first post. This would be largely static but we would like to be able to edit the content when we have new info to share with our readers.

Is there a place in Atahualpa or Wordpress that is already designed for this or will I need to create it? It seems like something someone else would have needed, but I've been having great difficulty finding any posts about this.

I considered trying to add a widgeted area at the top of the center column, but was unclear how to do it and how to make it appear before the content only on the front page.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Michael
Currently running Atahualpa 3.5.3 on Wordpress 3.0.4
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:53 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
Never mind.... Problem solved.

I got what I needed from:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...+center+column

When I bang my head against the wall, I ask for help and then figure out the answer before anyone can respond! ;-)

Michael