Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to show latest post in certain category as #1 post on front page?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:22 AM
efix

1 posts · Mar 2010
How to show latest post in certain category as #1 post on front page?

Dear users/developers/nerds,

my blog is about photography, and I regularly post pictures, among other things such as news, thoughts, essays etc. What I would like to do is have my latest post in the Picture of the day category as the #1 post on my front page (with my other latest posts below it), until I upload a new potd.

I was thinking that this would be best done in the "content above the loop" area, but then again the same post might show up twice (once above the loop and once inside the loop).

In another thread someone mentioned making a post sticky, but that would make it sticky FOREVER, wouldn't it? So I'd have to un-sticky it when making a new post in that category, wouldn't I? Also, I couldn't find where this option is.

Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance!