Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Background image not working on ipad

Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:58 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Background image not working on ipad

I recently starting building a site and used a background image for the entire look of the site - it's at http://79.170.44.97/triangle-design.co.uk/ and the brown and white background plus the logo and strapline are all aprt of the same background image. Looks fine on my computer ..... and it did look great on my ipad/iphone too but suddenly the background image stopped appearing at all so all you see is the blue text menu and the slideshow.

Any ideas how to fix this hugely appreciated - took me ages to get the background just right and I shall be devastated if I have to start from scratch!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you need to cut down the size of your image make the height much much smaller
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
ok - its long because i need it to be full lentgh of longest page without it repeating the logo.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Use two images. One for the logo and another that you repeat on the y access for the one that covers the entire background.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 02:47 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks - do I add the second image link in the same location - and how do I specify y axis and repeat?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 06:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would use the the logo function of the theme for the title image and position with CSS. Then put the background image in the Body Style box. Repeating on the y access is just CSS. You can check w3schools.com for background syntax.