Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Bullet image on latest news posts in side widget

Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:27 AM
tlck9

151 posts · Aug 2010
Bullet image on latest news posts in side widget

Hi Guys

With you help I sorted the widget in my footer, latest news. Now I need to use a image for my side bar widget, putting a bullet point by each of the news/post links.

This is what I used for the footer

#recent-posts-4 ul li, #pages-4 ul li, #pages-4 text-15 {
list-style-position: outside;
margin-left: -20px !important;
width: 190px;

I thought that this would work
#recent-posts-3 ul li {
list-style-image: url (http://www.integra-associates.com/wp...quare_lb.gif);
margin-left: -20px !important;

but nothing seemed to work

I also tried

div.widget_pages ul li {
list-style-image: url (http://www.integra-associates.com/wp...quare_lb.gif);

But again nothing worked and nothing broke

Any ideas?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have to be careful about using the correct ID names, you are using both '#recent-posts-3' and '#'#recent-posts-4'.

You have to define the display for the LI as a 'list-item' to override the current setting and the 'list-style-image' goes on the UL not the LI. try this

HTML Code:
div#recent-posts-3 ul li {
display: list-item;
}

div#recent-posts-3 ul {
list-style-image: url(http://www.integra-associates.com/wp-content/uploads/blt_square_lb.gif);
margin-left: 30px;
}
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:32 AM
tlck9

151 posts · Aug 2010
I'm using 3.70 and wordpress 3.2.1

Thanks Juggledad

This may be a stupid question, so you may not even grant it with an answer, but I have always wondered about using the #
and the div. command, when I check out firebug it gave me the recent posts 3, however when I searched on the forum it was div.widget_pages

Is there a difference?

#recent-posts-3 ul li {
div.widget_pages ul li {

Last edited by tlck9; Nov 18, 2011 at 06:42 AM.