Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Going bonkers trying to nix bloody dashed borders & other fun & games!

Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:29 PM
leshall

33 posts · Jan 2010
I don't know if I am going about this the right way. Client wants the menu bar to be over an image with only the menu text showing. At first I thought I could somehow move the menubar div to have it over the header image div but could never work that out. (Open to suggestions there)

So then I thought - nix the header image and just put the image in the menu div. I got that to work but now I cannot get rid of the pesky dashed lines or work out how to make the background of the menu AND the individual menu item bgnds transparent..

http://www.hallofhallhall.com/mccord/

p.s. the image will be different from what is here. And I have looked through the posts searching for solutions but cannot find one that addressed everything I was trying to do.

Last edited by leshall; Jan 31, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Solved problem
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look in ATO>Page Menu Bar>Border around all menus
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
f you want the menubar over the header image, just change the order of the items at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:19 PM
leshall

33 posts · Jan 2010
Appreciate the help - not a solution for me though.

Yes I did look at ATO>Page Menu Bar>Border but that does not change the border around individual Menu items. Well it doesn't in my case. I have looked everywhere for a solution and those I have found do not work for me vis a vis the borders. Why can I not just have the border value set to 'none' rather than making it the same color as the bgnd for it to (it says here) disappear?

Also, vis a vis the menubar juggledad, I don't mean higher vertically in the page I mean superimposed over an image. Using image in the menu bar bgnd, which I am doing or can I move the position of the menubar so that it is on top of the %image in the header??

Thanks y'all.

Here's the page again - http://www.hallofhallhall.com/mccord/
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sure you can move it., use a CSS Insert and change the position. try
HTML Code:
#menu1 { 
position:relative;
top:50px;
z-index:4;
}
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:24 AM
leshall

33 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks so much juggledad for the help with the menu on top of image code.

I managed to work out on my own how to get rid of the borders - CSS Edit for Mac really helps me.

But now I have a new issue....

http://www.hallofhallhall.com/mccord/

See the gaps before and after the top header image? How to get rid of?

Truly appreciate your help,

Les
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I was able to do what you want with this code
HTML Code:
.header-image-container {
margin:-22px 0 -15px 0 !important;
}
but you will have to adjust your menu css to move it up further.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 01:27 PM
leshall

33 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks lmilesw, will try it out later.

It's great getting these things to bend to your will....

Les
Old Jan 31, 2010, 02:49 PM
leshall

33 posts · Jan 2010
lmilesw - THANKS SO MUCH!

Worked perfectly and I repositioned the menu bar and it works perfectly. Not I just have to look at the CSS to try and understand it.

Best wishes, Les