Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

"About" row, footer links, sidebar background, logos in a line

Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:13 PM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Hi, all - I'm quite new to this sport, completely ignorant of PHP and nearly so of HTML. Was waiting for a WYSIWYG drag'n'drop theme editor, but then found Atahualpa. After only three evenings of total confusion and a lot of help from this forum, I'm almost ready to go live. In fact, I've already made a small donation (hint to slackers), and will do so again when I actually get it all working. Meanwhile, I have four probably trivial questions. Apologies if I should have found answers already. I have at least gotten the courage to try tweaking code to see what happens...

1. I'd like to reformat the "About" header link appearance, but can't find it in the special Atahualpa editor or the actual php files. Where does it live?

2. I'd like to keep the footer links to WordPress and BFA, but to change their appearance and wording. Where can they be found?

3. I'd like to jazz up the sidebars (and possibly the header) with a graded color scheme. I found this in another theme:

background:#fff url('images/imagename.jpg') repeat-x 0 0;

where the image is a vertical line 1 pixel wide. I tried pasting that line into several of the CSS lists (after adding such a line image to the Images folder), but nothing happened. Can Atahualpa handle this modification?

4. I'd like to have a whole line of the logo image running along the blog title line, ideally blocked by the title itself. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks for any help. I'm having more fun playing with Atahualpa than actually writing for the blog!

-Ctenos
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:21 PM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
OK, older and wiser now.

1. "About" header - I realize now that that's the Page bar.

2. Footer links - have seen moderator comments in other sections, and IMed for advice after making donation.

3. Custom graded color scheme for sidebars with a repeating vertical 1-line .jpg - thanks to the post "[SOLVED] Background image doesn't display for post pages" I tried putting the menu-suggested string into the "Setting a background image for the body" window, then removing fill color setting from sidebards. Works like a champ!

4. Whole line of the logo image - the string

height: 42px;background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/logo.png) repeat top left;

works in Logo Area: Styling, but had interference with single logo image - and it all went away if I removed entry in Show Logo Image. Instead, I put it in HorBar1, and it works fine.

Hope that's useful to someone, and sorry for wasting anyone's time with beginner questions.

-Ctenos