Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] LIKE button problem

Old Mar 22, 2011, 01:26 PM
upalm

5 posts · Feb 2011
Hi
I'm using the Simple Facebook Connector Like button plugin and the Share/Save buttons plugin. my url is http://wordthirst.com

Anyway, here's the issue:
  • when a post is Liked or Recommended what shows up on Facebook is a completely unrelated graphic thumbnail.
  • all my posts have at least 1 image in them.
  • one post begins with a 40x44px graphic and when that post is 'Liked' it shows up fine on FB.
  • i have put 40x44px thumbnails at the beginning of other posts but it doesn't work
  • all the rest of the Likes take the "or click for RSS" graphic in the inner right sidebar when they show up on F'book.
  • i have tried GIF and PNG and it doesn't work, still get the unrelated thumbnail in FB.
  • other users have tried and i have tried other browsers both logged in and out of WP etc. no go.
  • seeing as this happens with both plugins i'm thinking it's a FB issue?

anyone got any clue here?
cheers
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:12 PM
upalm

5 posts · Feb 2011
[SOLVED] i put this in the header and specified the path to my required thumbnail image.
<link rel="image_src" href="http://example.com/logo.png" />

However for posts which have already been tested, F'book's cache will continue to place the incorrect graphic until the page is scraped. so to verify it works use the Facebook linter and post a test post and Like it and check on FB and you should have the correct graphic on your Wall. also activating the SFC Share plugin apparently creates this code for you....