Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

version 3.4.3, mis-ordered posts and Featured Content Gallery

Old Sep 27, 2009, 02:54 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I thought that other thread was getting too long, so I'm starting a new one.

Flynn, you wondered if the Featured Content Gallery was causing the post order on the front page, center column, to be screwy. I removed the call for it from index.php right after the header call. The order is still off.

Remember a long time ago, you did some code for me that would force the letters and obits posts NOT to appear in the center column or in the left sidebar list of recent posts? In the FCG this week, we have a photo from a letter post. Usually we don't have anything in FCG from obits or letters. I don't see why that would mess up the order, but it IS an anomally. What do you think?

I can't even remember now where the code restricting obits and letters from the front column would be!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 06:09 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Re: One image from a letter post:
Perhaps the FCG settings have to be adjusted to prevent that one post from being displayed, perhaps that one post has been given an additional category that is covered by FCG, or a wrong FCG image URL has been put into the custom field of one post.

Messing with "the LOOP" (query_posts, wp_query) is probably the trickiest part in Wordpress, especially when many other widgets are involved who may also access the Loop.
You could try to disable one or another plugin/widget for a moment which deals with posts in some way, and see if that helps. Especially those in the left sidebar as they get processed before the middle column: Recent Comments, Recent Articles in ....,
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:08 PM
owenl

44 posts · Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
I thought that other thread was getting too long, so I'm starting a new one.

Flynn, you wondered if the Featured Content Gallery was causing the post order on the front page, center column, to be screwy. I removed the call for it from index.php right after the header call. The order is still off.

Remember a long time ago, you did some code for me that would force the letters and obits posts NOT to appear in the center column or in the left sidebar list of recent posts? In the FCG this week, we have a photo from a letter post. Usually we don't have anything in FCG from obits or letters. I don't see why that would mess up the order, but it IS an anomally. What do you think?

I can't even remember now where the code restricting obits and letters from the front column would be!
Paula - try downloading the Samsarin PHP widget plugin - this lets you use PHP code within a plugin. Now create a new widget in your center column style area and use the samsarin widget to enter your centered div and gallery code. It should work - I can't get it to work yet but I think I'm configuring the featured gallery thing wrong - I do get a featured gallery box in the right place though
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:05 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Hi, thanks. I already use a PHP widget plugin, but not that one. In any case, whatever was going wrong before is OK now. I just put the FCG code after the header call at the top of index.php and it's fine, and I also have Flynn's PHP code that says "don't show excerpts from obituaries and letters to the editor on the front page" also in index.php. Works fine.