Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Disabling hyperlink in Menu

Old Jul 17, 2014, 04:45 AM
Szymon9

10 posts · Apr 2014
Disabling hyperlink in Menu

I want to disable the link of some (or if it's not possible of all) menu butons (the stars).
My page is http://www.projektowaniebim.pl/
And for example in Autor button I want it to have no hyperlink (to be inactive) , so the reader of my page would have to choose between "O mnie " and "Kontakt".
Old Jul 17, 2014, 05:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use a custom wordpress menu and create the menu however you would like.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:53 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Instead of creating a menu item that points to a page, create a menu item that points to a link, and use a pound sign (#) as the URL.
  1. Go to Appearance > Menus.
  2. If you do not see a section called Links (below Pages), then click the Screen Options tab in the upper right corner and check the box labeled Links.
  3. Expand the Links section. For URL, enter a #. For Link Text, enter the text for the menu item.
  4. Click the Add to Menu button, then drag your new menu item to the correct position in the Menu Structure section. Drag any submenu items underneath it.
  5. Click the Save Menu button.
Now when your users click the menu item, nothing will happen. They will have to pick one of the two sub menu items.