Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] How to create an additional 'area' within the template

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 8, 2010, 09:47 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
Help [SOLVED] How to create an additional 'area' within the template

I did hours of looking on this wonderful site before resorting to asking this question. It's not an easy one to put into words, but I'll try my best.

I found a theme I'd like to emulate (some features of it anyway). By examining the page source and by using Firebug, it shows that they have a <div id="wrap"> which encapsulates the header, content and footer.

My question is....
How do I create an additional 'area' (DIV) that can encapsulate the <div id="wrapper"> which encapsulates the <div id="container">?

A more visual representation (specifically the items in red) of what I want this to look like would be this....

Code:
<html>
   <head>
         <A bunch of meta content, descriptions, and blah-blah-blah goes in here>
   </head>
        <body>
             <div id="wrap">
                  <div id="wrapper">
                       <div id="container">
                           <The rest of the Atahualpa magic happens in here!!!>
        </body>
</html>
Thanks for any of you amazing ATA users/forum-moderators that can shed some light on this for me!

~Jeff