Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Sidebars: deleting headings and inserting my own

Old May 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
susanesther

1 posts · May 2009
How can I edit out the original sidebar headings and insert my own. Where can I find the source code to do this and what do i need to edit and re-upload this for a MAC?
Old May 16, 2009, 08:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Lots of the widgets that go in the sidebars have the option to specify a heading. in the dashboard, select appearance -> widgets and then the right side of the page, select the left or right sidebar and display it, then edit the widget you want to change.

If this is not what you are trying o accomplish, you need to be more detailed with your question and post a link.

Don't forget to give Flynn a donation for this great theme!
Old May 24, 2009, 10:29 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Rather than start a new topic, I have a variation on this theme I want to do....

-remove title from one widget (Pages) on the left sidebar
-keep title for widget on the right sidebar(event calendar)

See url below:

http://james-reynolds.com/wordpress2/
Old May 25, 2009, 04:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Dashboard->Appearances->Widgets->Current Widgets-Pages put a space in the field labeld 'Title'
Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:55 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Dashboard->Appearances->Widgets->Current Widgets-Pages put a space in the field labeld 'Title'
I don't see this function in the "Widgets" area of Atahualpa.

I'm incredulous that with the many many many sites on the web that use Wordpress, there's no plugin that can do something as simple as remove / restore a widget title (at least I haven't found one yet). Some site owners use a Blogroll as a simple links list, but they don't want the word "Blogroll" on their site.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It's not an Atahualpa option, it is a WordPress option. When I say Dashboard, I mean the Wordpress dashboard.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:42 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I use the Blogroll on my news site to list our sponsors. I simply put Our Sponsors in place of Blogroll in the widget title area.