Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Multisite »

[SOLVED] Widget Area in footer, not even being created

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 13, 2010, 01:55 PM
GilbertCenter

7 posts · Apr 2009
Seattle, WA
[SOLVED] Widget Area in footer, not even being created

I've been beating my head on this for a couple days. I want to put a widget area in my footer, preferably 3 or 4 side by side, but I can't even get one at this point. I have tested out the minimum sample code and it worked once when I put it in the header (this has been deleted since), but it hasn't worked once when I try to place it in the footer. By this I mean I see no evidence of new widget area(s) on the Appearance > Widgets page, or in the list at the top of the 'add new widget area' page in Atahualpa.

I've searched thru old and new posts about this. I tried the offered code over here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8499 - nothing. I reload the public side of the site several times, I reload the Appearance > Widgets page several times, nothing. The only thing I've seen, is that when I use the Examples offered on the "add new widget area" page in Ata 3.5.3, or on the forum page I linked to above, on the public side of my site there is dangling bit of code showing in the footer area [&after_widget='); ?> ].

Using WP 3.0.1, Atahualpa 3.5.3, PHP 5.2.12

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ~Christine