Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Wordpress 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.5.1

Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:41 PM
smitp11

24 posts · May 2010
Hi,

I have upgraded to Wordpress 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.5.1 in my test area.

When I view the drop down menus in Firefox, IE or Chrome I am seeing some white space, which was previously filled under WordPress 2.9.2.

I can't upgrade my production site until this is fixed. Is there a fix for this ?

Example is here, hover over the tabs:
http://sandpit.myfallriver.ca/

Thanks,

Patrick.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 06:15 PM
mlanger

16 posts · Sep 2009
Arizona
I am having the same problem...but worse. I have multi-level menus and they're no longer displaying properly. Compare WordPress 2.9.2 (http://www.flyingmair.com/) with WordPress 3 (http://www.arizonaphotoadventures.com/)

Please advise of a fix when you have one.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you using the new WP 3 menu option. This is not currently supported with Atahualpa
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:52 PM
mlanger

16 posts · Sep 2009
Arizona
No, I'm not. I'm just using Atahualpa with the same settings I used under WordPress 2.9.2.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:57 PM
swartlkk

12 posts · Nov 2009
I am experiencing the same problem. The problem was present with WP3 & Atahualpa 3.4.6, 3.4.9, and now 3.5.1.

The width setting for the page menu does not work properly any longer.

Without the animation activated in 3.5.1, the child menus open directly over the parent menu.

Last edited by swartlkk; Jun 17, 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:11 PM
wedged

4 posts · Jun 2010
I am also having the same problems with Multi tiered menus using Wordpress 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.4.9.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I had the same problem here and as a work around am using the following code to increase the width of the sub menus.
HTML Code:
ul.children li.page_item {
width: 14em;
}
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:37 PM
mlanger

16 posts · Sep 2009
Arizona
Thanks for this code. It fixed the width problem. But it did not fix the multi-level menu problem -- the each sub-menu level opens on top of the previous level.

See the "Multi-Day Excursions" option here: http://www.arizonaphotoadventures.com/

I am now using the current version of Athualpa with WordPress 3.0.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:44 PM
Knut Sparhell

34 posts · Jun 2010
Fredrikstad, Norway
I also experienced the page menu problem (currently having two levels of subpages) after upgrading to WP 3.0 today. This problem is the sole reason I registered for this forum.

It can be seen here http://baerumpikekor.no/

The page menu is at the very top left. The "OM KORET" menu is a top level page with subpages diplaying as a drop down. But the subpages of these do not display well. They overlay the siblings and it gets hard to make the right menu item visible and clickable as you move downwards. The are also white rectangles appearing. All should be red. When you visit one of the pages things get even worse.

The new javascript animation option is not activated. The maximum subpage levels options is set to 0, and changing it to 10 does not help either.

I even did a quite extensive test of Atahualpa 3.5.1 and WordPress 3.0 before upgrading the production site, but I overlooked this problem.

The only workaround I see now is promoting our sub sub pages to just sub pages.

I can see that the get_pages() function is somewhat extended in WP 3.0, but backwards compatible. Probably not to blame. More probably is thre some CSS or script interference.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:51 PM
Knut Sparhell

34 posts · Jun 2010
Fredrikstad, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Are you using the new WP 3 menu option. This is not currently supported with Atahualpa
In WP 3.0, trying to created a new menu:
  1. You are warned that your theme does not support menus
  2. Created menus may only be used in the sidebar, as a widget

The theme developer must add a statement in functions.php to tell core it supports created menus.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:08 PM
mlanger

16 posts · Sep 2009
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut Sparhell
The are also white rectangles appearing. All should be red.
The Code on an above response fixes this problem.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:16 PM
Knut Sparhell

34 posts · Jun 2010
Fredrikstad, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlanger
The Code on an above response fixes this problem.
I have added
HTML Code:
ul.children li.page_item {
width: 14em;
}
to the style.css file but I am sorry to say this does not fix anything here.

Update:

I should of course add this to the "Add HTM/CSS inserts" option page. That helped make the menu items wide enough. But still sub pages overlay current menu in a way that makes it hard to navigate.

Last edited by Knut Sparhell; Jun 17, 2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: It works
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I hadn't checked it to second level menus.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:26 PM
wedged

4 posts · Jun 2010
Thank you regardlessly lmilesw. The issues still exists with sub sub menus. I tried to restore to my previous version of Wordpress and my backup is corrupted).

Is there a manual way to revert back to the previous version of Wordpress?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you have a database backup maybe according to some threads but I only saw a thread for downgrading from 2.8 to 2.7 and WP 3.0 is really a new animal. I am hopeful this issue will get fixed so am holding out for that. Is there a way for you to temporarily set the menus to only one sub-level?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:39 PM
wedged

4 posts · Jun 2010
Thank you lmilesw. I guess I wasn't sure how long this might take to correct. Not fair to expect this to be corrected in the rapid short term.

That said I think I will restructure the web page to get around this issue in the short term.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:13 AM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
I just upgraded from WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.6 to WP 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.5.1. It was quick and easy, but I encountered a similar menu display bug. The width of the pages in the drop down menus became variable, rather than fixed for all items in the same menu. In some cases in which the names were short, two pages appeared side by side in the menu rather than in a proper column.

I fixed this by using the code mentioned above that set a specific column width in the CSS inserts. I'd prefer the old functionality, which I think figured out how wide to make each menu based on the contents - at least that's what I recall. In any event, I never had to think about it, now I have to choose a width for all menu drop-downs and set it in the CSS insert area.

Overall, not a big problem since I'm not using sub-sub-menus.

By the way, I'm not using the new WP 3.0 custom menus yet - although I'd like to see what they offer when I get a chance.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:47 AM
rmano

6 posts · Jun 2010
Madrid, Spain
I have the same problem. See site http://rlog.rgtti.com/.

The fix here solves the first level menus, but it broke on second level menus. I mean, I have subpages and from the top level menu "Software" is impossible to select the subpages of the second first-level item... when the cursor hover over "Linux", submenus for it are diaplayed, and so I cannot select the submenus for "Python".

(Easier to see than to explain. ). Any help? Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:14 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Yep, I am seeing some trouble with the sub-menu stuff on the page-bar as well. I'll wait for a fix though.

The things I see are:
  • arrows to indicate sub-menu have vanished;
  • the "don't link first level parent items" does not work any more (the item is linked regardless of the choice here) and
  • the menu-item background colour is not wide enough.
Many thanks to the one who is going to repair this. You are great.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:22 AM
mlanger

16 posts · Sep 2009
Arizona
I am seeing exactly what Carlo is seeing. I fixed the width problem with the code provided in another response, but the multi-level menus simply do not display properly and the arrows are gone.

Can get a little assurance that you folks are on this? If it's a problem you don't plan to fix, I need to switch to another theme for this site -- it's vital to the operation of my business.

Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I have discovered the issue in WordPress 3.0. One of the functions in wp3.0 has changed returning some new information that is causing a problem in Atahualpa. I'm currently working on a fix. Keep checking in, I should have something later today. (posted Friday 6/18/10 09:26 EST)

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 18, 2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:33 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Sounds great to me. I'm not going anywhere....
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:37 AM
mlanger

16 posts · Sep 2009
Arizona
Quote:
I have discovered the issue in WordPress 3.0. One of the functions in wp3.0 has changed returning some new information that is causing a problem in Atahualpa. I'm currently working on a fix. Keep checking in, I should have something later today. (posted Friday 6/18/10 09:26 EST)
Thanks for this. I'll keep checking in.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:45 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
Thank you!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:09 AM
gwendolen

2 posts · Sep 2009
The Netherlands
Quote:
I just found out.