Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Deleting Custom Widget Areas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:01 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
[SOLVED] Deleting Custom Widget Areas

Spent a bit of this weekend playing with the process to add custom widget areas via Atahualpa, with the result that I have a few extra and not-needed custom widget areas.

So I've also spent a bit of time trying to figure out how to get rid of these widget areas (not widgets inside a widget area) to no avail. Lots of posts (sticky and otherwise) about how to remove widgets from widget areas, etc, but I can't find anything about removing a new/custom widget area.

So, how do I remove a custom widget area that I created via the process detailed in Atahualpa "Add New Widget Areas"?

Using WP 2.9.2 with Atahualpa 3.5.1. Site is http://cellarweb.com/staticure . (There is no content in the new custom widget areas, so they don't show up on the site. I just need to clean up the admin area so the client doesn't get confused.)

Thanks...Rick..