Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Changing the background color in horizontal box 2

Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:49 AM
glennvogelsang

54 posts · Jan 2010
http://beta.typebooks.ca
ata 3.4.5
WP 2.9.1

I tried changing the background color in hor bar styling - ATA options but it didn't seem to do anything. Do I have to add something to bfa header_config?

Any help is appreciated!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What did you change it to? Did you hit SAVE after the change?

PS - in the post 'Eric Walters works the room!' I think you mean 'from' not 'form'

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 5, 2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:38 PM
glennvogelsang

54 posts · Jan 2010
I want to change the background color of the container the newsletter subscription box is in. That is hor box 2 is it not? I changed the color to FFCC66 and it did change on the box underneath the header photo. But as mentioned I want the background of the subscription box to change.

What am I doing wrong?

ANd thans for picking up the spelling mistake! Nobody knows this site is up yet thankfully!

Thanks for your help as always
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm going to guess (after looking at the generated source) that you added the <div id="header_subscribe">...</div> after the %bar2 at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Style & edit HEADER AREA

By adding it there, it is it's own seperate element. %bar2 creates the horbar2 which is seperate from your new DIV

You need to add to ATO->Add HTME/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts the following
HTML Code:
div#header_subscribe {
background:#FFCC66;
}
in addition you need to change the line '</div></center>' and make it '</center></div>' so you keep things in order
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:48 AM
glennvogelsang

54 posts · Jan 2010
perfect thanks, Yet another save. I really do appreciate your help.