Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Older browsers are cramping my styles

Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:16 PM
b1tzmast3r

18 posts · Oct 2009
Hi Everyone,

I've got a client who wanted their home page set up as one image and older browsers are causing that image to scale down a bit distorting the text.

Is there something I can work into the code for older browsers to consider to make sure it doesn't compress the pages?

My guess is it has to do with the main container since widgets vary throughout the site and it does mess with the layout on the inner pages too.

site details: WP 2.8.5 , Atahualpa 3.4.4
http://www.foodsinseason.com/

Thanks,

Rob
Old Dec 22, 2009, 03:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
which browsers?

it could be the browsers and/or it could also an issue with the resolution of the screen - this is the bane of web developers.

If I make it look good on a 1920 X 1080 monitor and then go look at it on an 800 x 600 it looks like crap and vice versa.

I develop it in Safari and then look at it in IE and it looks like crap

The key it to figure out what the majority of YOUR potential cstomers are using and built to that browser/screen.

I was developing a site for my wife's writting (http://callofthemuse.com) and I did it on the mac usig safari. I used Zapfino for teh font. I had a nice drop down shadow and it looked great...till I looked at it in IE8. IE doesn't support Zapfino and the other fonts lost the look I was going for. I ended up displaying the page in Safari, taking a screen shot, cropping it and using it as the header image so now it looks the same in all the browsers.