Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header Widget Display

Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:13 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Is there a way to limit which pages a header widget area is displayed, sort of in the same way we can limit which pages a sidebar displays under the ATO>Sidebars & Widgets>Style & Configure SIDEBARS?

I want to insert a header widget that is the full width of the layout and approx 200px in height. I planned to create the widget then insert a text box configured with html code within which the display design would be inserted.

I only want this header widget to appear on a few select pages.
I'm using Atahualpa v. 3.6.7

Can I do this? Thanks?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:30 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
ps... The intent is to have the Header widget display BELOW the standard header area.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:35 PM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Never mind... I worked on it today and resolved the Q myself. For anyone who reads this in the future, here's what I found.
1. Yes! By simply inserting the provided code as shown in the ADD NEW WIDGET AREA into the STYLE & EDIT HEADER AREA (as indicated & linked to from the ADD NEW WIDGET AREA), you are able to create a widget directly below the header that runs the full width of your site.

Once the above has been completed, you can go to WIDGETS under your DASHBOARD> APPEARANCE tab, drag a TEXT widget into the newly created widget bar, and insert your code, or image, or whatever you wanted to fill the area. Yippie! (Note: you may need to refresh your page a few times before your newly created widget bar shows up in the WIDGET section.)

2. Yes! You can choose which pages, categories, etc. where you'd like your widget to display by taking advantage of the options available in the plugin called Widget Logic.
Thanks to the guys at BFA for creating this amazingly flexible theme!