Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

how to remove sample text widget on left side?

Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:20 PM
macgig

39 posts · Feb 2010
says I have no widgets installed, but I see sample text widget on left side

http://blog.foosball.com/

how do I remove it? its not showing up in the widgets list in admin area.

Just upgraded to 3.5.1, this is weird.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Those default widgets show up when you have the sidebar enabled and no widget of your own there. You can either remove the right sidebar altogether through the Atahualpa options or put a widget you want in the sidebar. Then that will be the only one showing.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:52 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
I have put a widget of choice in my left sidebar but the default ones have not gone away and the new one hasn't shown up. Any ideas why?

Also, I tried testing a different widget (calendar) in the sidebar and then removed it and now it STILL shows up all all my pages (except the homepage). Any ideas why? And how to get my one widget of choise to show up? www.cifect.org

Last edited by jstein; Jan 29, 2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: added web url
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you have a caching plugin ?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:02 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
You know, I just went back to my site and the changes had been made. I don't understand the caching plugin yet but I'm guessing that there is a setting that would allow it to refresh more quickly.

Thanks for that!