Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Custom settings donīt "stick" - theme reverts to default

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:27 AM
WetWillie

8 posts · Oct 2010
Custom settings donīt "stick" - theme reverts to default

Hi all. I am not really sure this is the correct forum, but iīll give it a go.

Iīve aded some custom code to my Atahualpa 3.4.9 installation. One part in the "Style BLOCKQUOTES" area and looks like this:

Code:
font-family: Verdana;
color: #555555;
padding: 1em 1em;
background-image: url(http://xxxxxxxx/wp-content/images/quote.png); 
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: 0px 8px;
The other one is in the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" area and looks like this:

Code:
.label { background-color:#86BD3C; color:#FFFFFF; font-family:georgia; font-size:0.9em; font-weight:bold; padding:1px 2px 1px 3px; }
After that i save the settings and check the pages to see if it looks good. It does, exactly as i wanted it to look...For a while. Because for some strange reason i cant figure out, after a while the custom code disappears from the areas i put it it and the theme reverts to default settings, effectivly removing my code.

I have no idea whatsoever why this occurs, but in the beginning of january my server host (we have a dedicated server) Hostgator pushed out a software update that caused all kinds of problems and trouble for us.

This behavior from Atahualpa/Wordpress have never been seen before this devastating "software update", so how can an update of cPanel and WebHostManager cause this strange behavior from Atahualpa?

I would like to add that Atahualpa is the one theme that never ever caused any major problems for us.