Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Can I Have Two Columns in the Centre Area?

Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:29 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
I want two columns in the centre area. I am hoping there is a plugin for this.The pages are static pages.

There must be a simpler way than throwing in an html table

I am trying byBrick Columns, but there is a problem that is leaving a big space on the top of column two.

Can anyone recommend a simple, effective plugin?

Last edited by SharonJ; Dec 28, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Shortcodes ultimate has a bunch of shortcodes one of them being a column shortcode.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:51 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Thank you, Larry, I will check it out.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:39 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
It seems that Atahualpa is adding a space to the top of the second column in both byBrick Columns, in which there is actually a <br /> inserted that does not occur in my code.

Using Shortcodes Ultimate, I cannot see any <br /> tag, however the space is there anyway. I have recently upgraded to wordpress 3.3. Atahualpa 3.7.1

David Paulsson who wrote the byBrick code is going to try to see what he can do to strip the tags, but I need to resolve this probably sooner than he can do it.

Have you any other suggestions? Worst case scenario, I can put in an html table, but that seems pretty Jurassic.

www.sidewalkproperties.ca
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The 'West Coast Developers' is the page title so there is a break befor e the page content shows, teh 'Current Projects' is jst an <h1> that is part of the page text.

Here's an idea, make the first line of the text 'West Coast Developers' as an <h1> then just don't display the page title (you can use CSS to do that)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:49 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
I used this is ATO/Add HTML CSS Inserts from a previous post of yours:

body.home div.post-headline {
display: none;
}

I put the title in as an <h1> tag as you suggested and it worked like a charm. Thank you!

Using this code only changes the home page however. If I wished to do it to all pages, is there a more universal CSS
or would I do the pages individually something like

body.about-us div.post-headline etc.

Last edited by SharonJ; Dec 29, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
HTML Code:
div.post-headline {
}
will do all
HTML Code:
.page-id-33 div.post-headline {