Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Welcome / logout text at the top right

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:22 AM
zibzab

7 posts · Mar 2013
[SOLVED] Welcome / logout text at the top right

Hi, I love the montezuma theme - just one thing I'd like to add if possible.

Above the menus in the header, I'd like to add some text that knows if a user is logged in. If they are logged in, it says Welcome "First Name" and then shows the option to log-out. If they are not logged in, then there is no message displayed.

Is this easy to do - any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Just to add, I have used the following code in other themes and it has worked great. Just need to know how to add this to Montezuma.

Code:
<?php global $user_identity; if ($user_identity): ?>
<h2 class="site-description">
<?php global $current_user;
      get_currentuserinfo();
	echo 'Welcome ' . $current_user->user_firstname ; ?>

– (<a href="<?php bloginfo('wpurl'); ?>/wp-login.php?action=logout" title="Logout">Logout</a>)</h2>
<?php endif; ?>
Any ideas?

Last edited by zibzab; Mar 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: update