Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Page titles with funny characters

Old May 19, 2010, 08:58 AM
AndrewRH

14 posts · Jun 2009
Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK
Atahualpa v3.4.9 shows page titles with funny characters after reimported database (transferred hosting providers). i.e. Travel ↔ ↕ ↔

I tried editing the page title but it did not fix what was shown on the site (but the page edit screen did). I even tried changing the page URL but that didn't fix things either.

I switched to the WP default theme and it showed the correct page title.

I had a look in the SQL database and saw some revisions of the page had the title with the funny characters, so I deleted those characters from the title and save the database entries. Still didn't fix things.

A bit more background: I had a page titled Travel followed by some fancy font symbols of airplanes, etc. I exported that database from my old hosting provider and imported it to my new one, setup wordpress, and all is working fine except this. As I said earlier, default WP shows the proper page title, where as I get this, for example, under Atahualpa:
Travel ↔ ↕ ↔

~Andrew~
http://www.reeves-hall.net/travel/
Old May 23, 2010, 04:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you edit the page, is the title correct?
Do you see any custom fields begining with 'bfa_ata-'?
Old May 26, 2010, 05:27 AM
AndrewRH

14 posts · Jun 2009
Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
when you edit the page, is the title correct?
I edited the page and updated it - no change, still has strange characters in the title when displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Do you see any custom fields begining with 'bfa_ata-'?
That was it! Fixed!

Is there a way to search for all pages/posts that have that custom field and delete it?
(I never knew about it and thus never expected/needed to use it)
I have probably many pages/posts that have funny characters (a result of export/import of DB when moved hosting providers).

A suggestion: put some kind of indicator (change colour?) at the top of the 'Edit Page' page to alert people that the custom title will override whatever is there.

Thank you for the fix!

~Andrew~