Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Call for maintainers of multilingual configuration for Atahualpa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
ICanLocalize

12 posts · Aug 2009
Call for maintainers of multilingual configuration for Atahualpa

WPML 2.0 will support language configurations file which tells WPML what needs translation in themes.

This will be a major usability improvement for running multilingual sites with Atahualpa.

Until now, it was virtually impossible to run sites with Atahualpa + WPML and have everything translatable. Now, the new languages configuration file will tell WPML which custom fields and admin strings should be translated.

This will include:
  • SEO custom fields per page/post.
  • Global strings in the theme admin page (including SEO fields).
  • Home page label.
  • Footer and other admin texts.
  • Styling for the language switchers.

We're looking for a maintainer this languages configuration file. It's an XML file, easy to read and validate.

If you'd like to help with this work, leave a message here or in the thread about language configuration files in WPML forum.