Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

showing child category menus when selected the parent category

Old Aug 22, 2009, 05:46 AM
mlluch

12 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if this has been answer. I would like to know if it is possible to display the child category menus only when you are on the selected parent menu. For example, if I have a Category menu bar with food, drinks, places. I only want to show the parent menu bar on the home page, but when selecting food I want the child menu bar for food displaied. Is this something that can be done with ATO?

thanks in advance.
Mll
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sorry, but I do not understand your example, can you give a detailed example?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 05:05 AM
mlluch

12 posts · Jul 2009
sorry if didnīt explainned it well. I will explain this with an example. If the top category menu bar is food, drinks, places and under each of these categories there are several child cat menu (for example under food it might be, top prize restaurants, middle prize restaurants,etcc..) (under places it could be places in Madrid, places in Barcelona, etc...) What I want to do is, if I select category food I want a submenu where the child category for that category menu (top prize restaurants, middle prize restaurants, ec..) appears but not the rest of child menus.

Hope this clarify a little bit more
regards
mll
Old Aug 25, 2009, 05:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm still confused. If a category has children, when you hover over that menu item the children will show up. So using your example, you have a catmenu of:
FOOD - DRINKS - PLACES
when you hover over FOOF you will see

FOOD - DRINKS - PLACES
- TOP PRIZE RESTAURANTS
- MIDDLE PRIZE RESTAURANTS

if you hover over PLACES you will see

FOOD - DRINKS - PLACES
- MADRID
- BARCELONA

Are you looking for something different?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:33 AM
AnneTanne

40 posts · Jan 2009
Belgium
@juggledad: I think OP means this:
On the homepage, you have a menubar with the 'parent-pages'.
When you go to the parent-pages, you find another menubar, not with the (other) parent-pages, but with (only) the child-pages of that particular parent-page in it.

On the homepage, a menubar with FOOD - DRINKS - PLACES
On page FOOD, a menubar with TOP PRICE - MIDDLE PRICE - BUDGET

Do I see it correct Mlluch?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:20 AM
mlluch

12 posts · Jul 2009
Yes that is correct.
thanks for the clarification
mll
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:12 PM
axy

3 posts · Apr 2011